Saturday 20 February 2010

from the past into the present




I wanted to get everything up to date before I started to talk about my work at present, so in order to do that I wanted to show you what I got up to before Christmas for my Final Major Project 1.
This work is based on text and coversations that I noted down over a period of time, I particularly became intrigued by conversations overheard through mothers and families that had relatives over in Afghanistan. This is personal for me too therefore I decided to use conversations like these (I overheard a lot talking about the war in afghanistan and about people who were over there, so this gave me a lot of information to work with) From these I began to explore the possibilties of print and stitch and how to transfer the conversations onto fabric. It's also related to surface pattern and the idea of text been used as pattern, heres my final piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment